The perfect choice for annual leafcutter bee raisers! Our wood trays are long-lasting, reusable, and easy to open for spring cocoon harvesting. Precision crafted of Pacific Northwest alder, our wood trays are a safe and natural nesting material for bees.
- Nesting holes are 6mm in diameter, the preferred size of alfalfa leafcutter bees.
- 78-Hole Count Tray: 3.25” H x 5.75” W x 6” D | Fits Cabin, Chalet, and Townhouse Bee Houses.
- 156-Hole Count Tray: 7" H x 5.75" W X 6" D | Fits Tower Houses
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than wood tray dimensions.
- Wood material provides both insulation and moisture control to protect leafcutter bee cocoons from extreme temperatures and mold caused by excess moisture.
- Wood is a porous material, which captures and retains natural nesting scents and helps to attract next season's bees.
- Reusable wood trays minimize year-to-year costs.
- The front of the trays are lightly burned, creating a visual pattern that helps female leafcutter bees locate their nests and removes splinters that can harm bee’s wings.
- Side notches lock into neighboring trays, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering the nest from the side.
- All wood trays come with removable cardboard backing and pest-blocker fabric to prevent pests and parasites from entering the nest from the back.