Mother Mason Bees delivered this week
Flowers visited today by this week's bees
Mother Mason Bees delivered in 2020
Flowers visited today by all 2020 Crown Bees
Mason Bees are For Sale Right Now
Here's why you want to raise our gentle mason bees this spring!
- You'll grow 3X more apples, cherries, plums, nuts and berries.
- Mason bees are 100X more effective pollinators than honey bees.
- Mason bees fly in cooler and wetter weather than most other bees.
- They only forage within a 300 ft circle from the bee house, so you know they are pollinating your fruit trees and berry patches.
- Super easy to raise and fun to watch - just set up their bee house and place out their cocoons.
- Crown Bees harvests, cleans, and screens our bee cocoons to prevent the spread of diseases and deadly pests like the new Houdini fly
About Crown Bees
Our Vision for a Healthy World
Gardeners and farmers grow more food when raising the right bee on the right crop - it’s that simple. Over the past thirty years, research and field trials have proven the positive relationship between bee diversity and crop yield. Crown Bees raises, sells, and advocates for solitary hole-nesting bees that pollinate significantly better than the honey bee.
Crown Bees retail website was launched in 2009 and by 2010 we had products in nurseries throughout the Northwest. We're proud to have expanded our garden and hardware store wholesales nationally, become advisers to academia, spoken at the United Nations about food security, and partnered with multiple nonprofits.
Solitary Bee Products Designed for Bee Health
The cedar for our bee houses is sourced from First Nation forests in British Columbia, with stringent sustainable management requirements.
We harvest our bee cocoons to remove and reduce pests and disease.
Our InvitaBee products are run through filtering equipment to extract pathogens.
We enjoy sharing knowledge. What we learn, we pass to others.
We stand behind our products and bee cocoons.