Grow more tomatoes, peppers, squash, and peas with our gentle summer cavity-nesting bees that are 100 times more effective at pollination than honey bees.
200+ cocoons per order! We send way more than you'll need because leafcutter bees have a higher dispersal rate than mason bees. So, please don't expect all 200 to stick around (the nature of nature)!
Please note: All bees ship separately from products, so they will not arrive in the same package unless otherwise specified!
We apologize, but at this time, we can only ship bees to the United States and Canada. All leafcutter bee cocoons ship FREE via FedEx 2Day shipping in the United States or via Canada Post in Canada.
For the health of the bees, we only ship mason bee cocoons on Mondays (May - August) to ensure they do not get stuck in transit over the weekend. We recommend you choose your shipping date to align with the week your summer garden begins to bloom and gets consistent daytime temps of at least 75°F/24°C.
Once your bees arrive, it's up to you to provide these pollinators with healthy habitats to forage and nest to be successful. It's essential to take the time to learn how to care for your bees if you want to see healthy future generations in your yard.
Fortunately, we've got you covered. We love sharing our knowledge and helping our community of bee raisers, so each month, we spend time thoughtfully crafting our BeeMail with seasonal reminders and tips to help you be as successful as possible with our bees and products!
If you purchase bees, we strongly encourage you to sign up for our BeeMail!
NOTE: We average a 99% success rate in getting your bees to you safely. However, extreme temperatures and shipping delays may affect your bees. If your package arrives and your bees are DOA, please fill out an online help ticket and we'll happily replace your bees!
- Roughly 200 leafcutter bees
- Release instructions
- Leafcutter bees overwinter as larva and take roughly 4 weeks to develop into adult bees. We've incubated the leafcutter bees for you and ship them for immediate placement outdoors.
- Perfect for melons, cucumbers, beans, sunflowers, strawberries, and virtually all summer-blooming flowers. Our leafcutter bees can double or triple your fruit and vegetable yields!
- Leafcutter bees fly best when daytime temps are 75°F/24°C and above
- Gentle solitary bees that rarely sting, making them kid and pet safe!
- Easy to raise - just set up their bee house with 6mm size nesting materials.
- The alfalfa leafcutter bee was introduced into North America from Eurasia in the late '30s. The ALCB is now naturalized across North America and is the perfect pollinator for summer blooms!
- Leafcutter bees use non-fibrous leaves like rose, lilac, or hosta to protect her eggs. Plant peas, beans, or strawberries for flower and leaf sources.