Learn about the small bees in your yard and garden with our Small Bee Discovery.
Our Small Bee Discovery was inspired by a visit to Joe Dlugo's pollinator haven. Joe is a solitary beekeeper, citizen scientist, and wildlife gardener. Through curiosity, observation, and "considering the perspective of the bee," he's created habitat for tens of thousands of native bees (and countless other species). He is a fantastic example of how anyone can help our pollinators thrive. Learn more about his journey by watching the video below!
Add the Small Bee Discovery to a bee house as a stand-alone, or mix these nesting materials with 6-10 mm natural reeds to create a safe nesting habitat for all the different sizes of cavity-nesting bees in your yard and garden.
- 1 - 76-Hole Farm Grade Reusable Wood Tray with 6mm diameter nesting cavities
- 80 - 4mm BeeTubes, Spiral wound 3-ply cardboard BeeTubes
- 78-Hole Count Tray: 3.25” H x 5.75” W x 6” D | Fits Cabin, Chalet, Villa, Tower, and Townhouse Bee Houses.
- Each tray has blemishes, knots, or holes of some nature. Millions of tons of industrial wood waste due to natural knots, blemishes, and holes enter our landfills each year. Instead of throwing these pieces of wood in the trash, our farm-grade trays embrace these knots, marks, and spots. These imperfections do not impact nesting bees!
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure the roof is a minimum of 3" longer than the wood tray dimensions.
- Many wild bees nest in habitats that smell like they have been used before. Our InvitaBee pheromone spray attracts a variety of different-sized mason and leafcutter bee species.
- Set up your bee house near your flowers and get to know your local native bees!
- Spiral wound 3-ply cardboard BeeTubes
- Inside diameter of BeeTubes- 4mm, outside diameter - 6mm, length - 6"