WS - Mason Bee Observer
WS - Leafcutter Bee Observer
Our Bee Observer nesting trays are an easy, fun and safe way to peek into the secret life of bees.
Add our Bee Observer nesting tray for Leafcutter Bees to your Chalet, Cottage, or Tower bee house and watch female bees build their nests. The clear window also lets you watch second generation leafcutter bees emerge and return to nest again.
Leafcutter Bee Observer - 6mm Tray: You can watch female leafcutter bees build their protective leafy cocoons. You can also watch as second or third generation leafcutter bees emerge and return to build a new nest. Different kinds of wild summertime bees may also move into your Leafcutter Bee Observer nesting tray.
Bee Observer Benefits:
- An educational and fun way to learn about solitary bees
- Bee Observer Drawer shades the nesting tray’s clear lid, giving bees the naturally dark nesting environment they prefer
- Wood Nesting Tray slides out easily for periodic observation
- Female bees tend to nest first along bottom edge of bee house, place Bee Observer under your favorite nesting materials to improve nesting
- Removable acrylic lid for cocoon harvest
- Designed to fit perfectly in our Chalet, Cottage, and Tower bee houses
- 1 Bee Observer Drawer
- 1 Wood Nesting Tray (6mm) with acrylic lid
Size: 1.25” H x 5.75”W x 6.25” D
To add the Bee Observer nesting tray to your homemade DIY bee house, ensure that your bee house is at least 8" deep to protect nesting tray from rain.