WS - 96-Hole Wood Tray for Mason Bees - 8mm
Scents from reused wood trays attract nesting mason bees. Wood trays are easy to open and clean to harvest mason bee cocoons. 48-hole wood tray fits inside our Chalet and Townhouse Bee Houses. 96-hole wood tray fits inside our Tower Bee House.
Reusable wood nesting trays are perfect for the serious mason bee raiser!
Wood is a natural habitat for mason bees and provides both insulation and moisture control - a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen loaf, preventing moldy cocoons.
Reusable wood trays should be placed within a bee house to protect from rain.
• Precision crafted of Northwest alder.
• Nesting holes are 8mm in diameter, the preferred size of our spring mason bees.
• Front is lightly burnished, creating a visual pattern that helps the mason bee find their home.
• Removable cardboard backing protects the mason bees and encourages nesting.
• Pest Blocker fabric discourages parasitic wasps from entering the back of your wood nesting trays.
• Side notches lock into neighboring trays, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering on the side.
• Reusable wood trays control year-to-year costs.
• Easy to open and clean to remove and harvest mason bee cocoons in the fall.
• Scents left from previous mason bees will attract next year's generation of mason bees.
If you build your own bee house, ensure that your roof is 3" longer than the wood trays!