Spring Reusable Wood Trays for Mason Bees - 8mm
Wood trays are long-lasting and reusable each year, retain nesting scent to attract next season's bees, and are fastest to open for mason bee cocoon harvest in the fall. Precision crafted of Northwest alder, our wood trays are a safe and natural nesting material for bees.
Reusable wood nesting trays are perfect for the serious mason bee raiser!
Wood is a natural habitat for mason bees and provides both insulation and moisture control - a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen loaf, preventing moldy cocoons.
Reusable wood trays should be placed within a bee house to protect from rain.
• Reusable wood trays control year-to-year costs.
• Easy to open and clean to remove and harvest mason bee cocoons in the fall.
• Scents left from previous mason bees will attract next year's generation of mason bees.
• Nesting holes are 8mm in diameter, the preferred size of our spring mason bees.
• Front is lightly burnished, creating a visual pattern that helps the mason bee find their home.
• Removable cardboard backing protects the mason bees and encourages nesting.
• Side notches lock into neighboring trays, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering on the side.
If you build your own bee house, ensure that your roof is 3" longer than the wood trays.
48-hole wood tray fits inside our Chalet and Cottage Bee Houses. 96-hole wood tray fits inside our Tower Bee House.
|Wood Tray Size||No|
|Free Bee Shippping||No|