Spring Inserts for Mason Bees - 8mm. Place inserts inside drilled blocks of wood or Cardboard BeeTubes. Inserts protect developing mason bee larvae from parasitic wasps and other pests. Save 15% when you order in bulk quantity of 250.
- Spiral wound glacine paper insert: Outside diameter - 8mm, inside diameter - 7mm, length - 6"
- 60 or 250 count
- Inserts easily fit within our 8mm BeeTubes.
- Combined thickness of both BeeTubes and Inserts stop the majority of parasitic wasp attacks.
- To harvest cocoons in the fall, remove inserts and drop them into a bath of lukewarm water. Within 10 minutes the glue dissolves and the paper and cocoons are easily separated. Learn more about harvesting mason bees here.
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than BeeTubes & Inserts.