Spring Cardboard BeeTubes for Mason Bees - 8mm. Cardboard BeeTubes are the outer "guard tube" for our paper Inserts. When combined with inserts, they protect the developing mason bee larvae from parasitic wasps and other pests. Save 15% when you order in bulk quantity of 250.
- Spiral wound 3 ply cardboard outer BeeTube: Outside diamter - 10mm , inside diameter- 8mm, length 6"
- 36 or 250 count
- Inserts easily fit within our 8mm BeeTubes.
- 36 count is enough for about 40 mason bee cocoons.
- To harvest cocoons in the fall, remove inserts and drop them into a bath of lukewarm water. Within 10 minutes the glue dissolves and the paper and cocoons are easily separated. Learn more about harvesting mason bees here.
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than BeeTubes & Inserts.