Spring Cardboard BeeTube & Insert - 8mm. This is both the outer "guard tube" and insert. When combined, this protects the developing mason bee larva from parasitic wasps. Save 15% when you order in bulk quantity of 250.
- Spiral wound 3 ply cardboard outer BeeTube: 10mm OD, 8mm ID, 5 7/8" long
- Spiral wound glacine paper insert: 8mm OD, 7mm ID 6" long
- 36 or 250 count.
- Inserts easily fit within these 8mm inside diameter.
- Thickness of both BeeTube and Insert stops most parasitic wasp attacks.
- 36 count is fine for about 40 mason bee cocoons.
- For harvesting cocoons in the fall, remove inserts and drop them into a bath of tepid water. Within 10 minutes the glue dissolves and the paper and cocoons are easily separated. Follow other harvesting advice to finish cleaning and storing the cocoons.
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than BeeTube & Insert.