Spring Cardboard BeeTubes & Inserts for Mason Bees - 8mm. Combined thickness of both BeeTubes and Inserts stop the majority of parasitic wasp attacks.
Lifestyle photos may not accurately depict what is included with this product. Please make sure to read the specifications below.
- Spiral wound 3 ply cardboard outer BeeTube: Outside diamter - 10mm , inside diameter- 8mm, length 5 7/8"
- Spiral wound glacine paper insert: Outside diamter - 8mm , inside diameter- 7mm, length 6"
- 36 count
- 250 count
- Inserts easily fit within our 8mm BeeTubes.
- 36 count is enough for about 40 mason bee cocoons.
- To harvest cocoons in the fall, remove inserts and drop them into a bath of lukewarm water. Within 10 minutes the glue dissolves and the paper and cocoons are easily separated. Learn more about harvesting mason bees here.
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than BeeTubes & Inserts.