Give your wild, native backyard bees options with a variety of Natural Reeds and BeeTubes. Add the Pollinator Pack to your bee house to provide an instant bee hotel! Contains 50 nesting materials of various sizes.
- 6 Natural Reeds - 8mm
- 12 Natural Reeds - 6mm
- 10 BeeTubes - 8mm
- 12 BeeTubes - 6mm
- 10 BeeTubes - 4mm
- All nesting materials are 6" in length
- 50 count
- In the wild, native cavity-nesting bees build their nests in standing dead trees, fallen logs, and the ends of hollow stems and grass. Our Pollinator Pack provides the nesting materials that bees and beneficial wasps need to lay the next generation of insect pollinators.
- Nesting materials that are 8mm in diameter are preferred by our spring mason, wild leafcutter bees, wool carder bees, resin bees, and grass-carrying and mud wasps.
- Smaller bees like our summer leafcutter bees and some resin bees prefer 6mm diamter nesting cavities.
- The smallest 4mm materials are designed for aphid-hunting wasps in the Pemphredon genus or small bees like Osmia pumila and Osmia attriventris.
- BeeTubes and Natural Reeds open easily and safely, making removal of healthy cocoons a snap. Fresh nesting materials should be provided every year to reduce the spread of diseases and pests.
- For DIY Bee Houses, ensure roof is a minimum of 3” longer than BeeTubes and Natural Reeds.