Research suggests that mason bees are attracted to pheromones left behind from previous nesting seasons. InvitaBee™Plus+ Mason Bee Attractant is a USDA patented formula designed to mimic these pheromones and lure a variety mason bee species to artificial nesting sites –such as bee houses.
Lifestyle photos may not accurately depict what is included with this product. Please make sure to read the specifications below.
Each package contains:
- 1.5 ml bottle of InvitaBee™Plus+ Mason Bee Attractant
- 5 Large Natural Reeds for Mason Bees. Reeds are included as a visual attractant for bees.
- In partnership with the USDA, Crown Bees holds the patent license for InvitaBee™Plus+ Mason Bee Attractant. The attractant is used to encourage the nesting of all bees in the genus Osmia (about 350 species wordwide), as well as to reduce the incidences of dispersal.
- InvitaBeePlus+ attracts mason bees to your nesting materials through the stimulation of two powerful senses -sight and smell. Mason bee’s preferred nesting materials are natural reeds. Spray the artificial pheromones (scent attractant) on the natural reeds (visual attractant) to encourage mason bees to nest in your bee house.
- Each vial of InvitaBee™Plus+ includes about 20 pumps of the attractant. On average this is enough for two bee houses.
- Use of the spray will not guarentee that mason bees will nest in your bee house. The nature of nature. The spray will, however, help attract bees to your nesting materials.
- The scent from InvitaBee™Plus+ lasts for about 3 weeks, which is ample time for attracting nesting bees.
- Store InvitaBee™Plus+ in a cool, dark location. InvitaBee™Plus+ has a 2-year shelf life.
MSDS Documentation: Click Here