Summer Reusable Wood Trays for Leafcutter Bees
Summer Natural Reeds for Leafcutter Bees - 6mm
Farm Grade Spring Reusable Wood Trays for Mason Bees - 48-Hole
Our Farm Grade wood nesting trays include occasional knots and blemishes and mason bees don't mind the imperfections. Wood trays retain nesting scents, are quick to open for cocoon harvest, and are reusable every year. An economical nesting material!
Our farmers and spring mason bees both agree - our Farm Grade wood trays are a cost-effective way to raise mason bees!
Wood is a natural habitat for mason bees and provides both insulation and moisture control - a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen loaf, preventing moldy cocoons.
We source wood with occasional branch holes and marks and set these aside for our Farm Grade nesting trays. Mason bees don't mind the imperfections and our farmers appreciate the lower cost of these trays for crop pollination.
Spring Wood Nesting Tray Benefits:
• Reusable wood trays control year-to-year costs.
• Easy to open and clean to remove and harvest mason bee cocoons in the fall.
• Scents left from previous mason bees will attract next year's generation of mason bees.
• Precision crafted of Northwest alder. Side notches lock together, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering.
• Nesting holes are 8mm in diameter, mason bee's preferred size.
• Removable cardboard backing protects the mason bees and encourages nesting.
• Pest Blocker fabric discourages parasitic wasps from entering the back of your wood nesting trays.
To add to your own bee house, ensure that your roof is 3" longer than the wood trays.
Size: 3.5" H x 5.5" W x 6" D
Reusable wood trays should be placed within a bee house to protect from rain.
48-hole wood tray fits inside our Chalet and Townhouse Bee Houses.