Carefully selected Leafcutter bee nesting trays that are perfect for raising leafcutter bees!
- Nine wood trays designed to stack upon each other, creating 104 holes that are each 1/4" (6mm) in diameter.
- Designed for about 200 leafcutter cocoons.
- Wood is the natural habitat for leafcutter bees and provides both natural insulation qualities as well as moisture control. Wood has a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen & leaf mass.
- The nesting trays are easy to extract cocoons and are easily cleaned and reassembled. This is important during fall harvest.
- These rugged nesting trays are re-usable which controls year-to-year costs.
- Each tray has side notches that lock into neighboring trays, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering on the side.
- The front of the wood trays are dark to increase the heat for morning flight of the bees.
- Each block includes two bands to hold trays tightly together.
- A removable cardboard back panel assists the leafcutter bees by keeping their holes predator-resistant.
- Tray weighs in at 0.8 lbs. and is 6" wide x 3 1/2" tall x 6" deep