Mason bee nesting trays are perfect for the serious mason bee producer!
These trays should be placed within a mason bee house or left under cover to protect it from rain. (Warping can cause bad alignment of trays)
- Thirteen wood trays designed to tightly stack upon each other, creating 96 holes that are 8mm in diameter.
- Designed for about 50-60 nesting females (about 180-200 total cocoons)
- Precision machine-crafted out of northwestern alder.
- Wood is the natural habitat for mason bees and provides both natural insulation qualities as well as moisture control. Wood has a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen mass. Without this wicking you can have moldy cocoons in summer.
- The nesting trays are easy to extract cocoons and are easily cleaned and reassembled. This is important during fall harvest.
- The nesting trays are re-usable which controls year-to-year costs.
- Each tray has side notches that lock into neighboring trays, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering through the side.
- The front of the wood trays have a varied depth and have been lightly burnished to create a unique pattern that helps the mason bee orient on it's hole.
- Each tray includes two elastic bands to hold trays tightly together.
- A removable back panel assists the mason bees by keeping their holes predator-resistant.
- Size is 6 1/4" tall, 6 1/4" deep, and 5 1/2" wide. If building an enclosure house, ensure that you have 1/2" clearance around the sides and 2-3" overhang.
- Can be used year after year.