Seasoned Small Leafcutter Wood Tray Cartridge "smells like successful bees"
These trays should be placed within a bee house to protect it from rain.
- Cartridge contains six wood trays designed to stack upon each other, creating a total of 20 holes that are 1/4" (6mm) in diameter.
- The most valuable tray for raising mason and leafcutter bees are seasoned trays from previous bee seasons that retain nest scents. Commercial leafcutter raisers will only use old boards due to their success.
- We have carefully selected the best trays that smell like leafcutter bees.
- Designed for about 50 leafcutter cocoons.
- Wood is the natural habitat for leafcutter bees and provides both natural insulation qualities as well as moisture control. Wood has a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen & leaf mass.
- The nesting trays are easy to extract cocoons and are easily cleaned and reassembled. This is important during fall harvest.
- Since nesting trays are reusable, this helps control your yearly costs for raising the bees.
- The front of the wood trays have been painted black to increase the heat absorption for morning flight of the bees.
- Stack size: 2 1/2" w x 1 1/2" h x 6" deep