NATIVE BEE SHARE
The Crown Bees Native Bee Share program encourages public gardens and educational agencies to raise awareness of our native pollinators. Organizations and community groups can purchase a deeply discounted all-in-one BeeWorks kit to be placed in public gardens. These bee houses create awareness and provide education to visitors of the gardens, while also providing pollination to the garden's flowers and crops.Download Native Bee Share Brochure
THE IMPORTANCE OF NATIVE BEE SHARE
Most people don’t know about super-pollinating, native hole-nesting bees, and our program is for raising awareness. The first step to our future of sustainable agriculture is acknowledging the value of these helpful bees and promoting healthier bee-friendly gardens. Place a Native Bee Share in your community’s garden, and you will pique interest, educate the public, and raise awareness of our native bees.
The spring mason bees and summer leafcutter bees included in the Native Bee Share are perfect for community gardens because they are very gentle and much less aggressive than honey bees.
- Solitary bees do not have a hive to defend, so they are not aggressive
- They are docile and very gentle, safe for families and pets
- Their rare sting is equivalent to a mosquito bite and does not cause anaphylactic shock
THE NATIVE BEE SHARE KIT INCLUDES
- 1 Cottage or Chalet cedar bee house
- Custom engraved sponsor plaque mounted on the house
- 1 24-hole wood tray for spring mason bees
- 1 52-hole seasoned wood tray for summer leafcutter bees
- 20 spring mason bee cocoons (mailed on date you select)
- 100 summer leafcutter bee cocoons (mailed on date you select)
- 1 total accessories package (includes mason bee mud, InvitaBee Plus for mason bees, BeeGuardian, and HumidiBee)
- 1 Native Bee Guide booklet
- 2 laminated educational signs to teach the community
- Support from Crown Bees in person and online
HOW IT WORKS
- Organize your community group and partner with your local garden club or nursery to sponsor your Native Bee Share.
- Fill out the form below and place your order for either a Chalet (pitched roof) or Cottage (curved roof). The discounted price of the kit is $89.95 (not including shipping).
- Educate your community. Garden visitors will ask about the bees and everyone is sure to fall in love with these gentle insects. We would love to share your community’s success. Send us updates or inquiries and we will help share your story and answer your questions.
- Harvest your cocoons in the fall. We're more than happy to buy back extra mason bee cocoons, which can help offset costs.