Farm Grade Summer Reusable Wood Trays for Leafcutter Bees - 78-Hole
Our Farm Grade wood nesting trays include occasional knots and blemishes and leafcutter bees don't mind the imperfections. Wood trays retain nesting scents, are quick to open for cocoon harvest, and are reusable every year. Save 29% versus our first quality wood nesting trays!
Our farmers and summer leafcutter bees both agree - these Farm Grade wood trays are a cost-effective way to raise leafcutter bees!
Wood is a natural habitat for leafcutter bees and provides both insulation and moisture control - a natural wicking effect that pulls moisture from the wet pollen loaf, preventing moldy cocoons.
We source less expensive wood with occasional branch holes and marks and set these aside for our Farm Grade nesting trays. Leafcutter bees don't mind the imperfections and our farmers appreciate the lower cost of these trays for crop pollination.
• Precision crafted of Northwest alder.
• Nesting holes are 6mm in diameter, leafcutter bee's preferred size.
• Houses 150 leafcutter cocoons.
• Front is burnished with a visual pattern that helps the leafcutter bee find home.
• Removable cardboard backing protects the leafcutter bees and encourages nesting.
• Side notches lock together, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering.
Summer Wood Nesting Tray Benefits:
• Reusable wood trays control year-to-year costs.
• Easy to open and clean to remove and harvest leafcutter bee cocoons in the spring.
• Scents left from previous leafcutter bees will attract next year's generation of leafcutter bees.
To add to your own bee house, ensure that your roof is 3" longer than the wood trays.
Size: 3.5" H x 5.5" W x 6" D
Reusable wood trays should be placed within a bee house to protect from rain.
Highly Recommended: InvitaBee Spray for Leafcutter Bees
Leafcutter bees tend to naturally disperse and Crown Bees has developed a pheromone attractant that is shown to encourage more leafcutter bees to nest.
|Quantity of reeds||No|
|Include Leafcutter InvitaBee (+ $8.95)||No|
|Wood Tray Size||No|